Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yup you are seeing correctly!

So for those of you who don't know... we are expecting #3. I was more then surprised when I found out (on Carson's 1st birthday no less!) and couldn't even figure out how to tell Jared! I waited about a week to tell him... hoping he would just ask and then I wouldn't have to say the words. But actually he was way more excited then I expected and 99% more excited then I was... do you think that is because he doesn't wake up with the kids at night!? We weren't trying at all, in fact we were simply trying to find a better birth control because my IUD was a P.O.S and making me P.O.-ed. So along came #3! I can't wait to tell him or her that story when they grow up! Anyway, we decided, we weren't going to tell people right away, so we waited a little. But over the holidays with all of the family together, we decided it would just be easier... so the cat (or the baby I guess) is out of the bag. Actually I told my boss today and so that is why I can blog about it now... it is officially out.

I am only 12 weeks along, so it is still early, but I recently watched a movie that was talking about being pregnant - when the girl asked how pregnant she was, her doctor replied that there was only one degree of pregnant - you either you are or you aren't... so there you go - I am.

I am due July 24th - so instead of a nesting phase, I think I will just build a covered wagon and instead of a hospital I will just deliver in there. (I am more then kidding - if you don't know, July 24th is Pioneer Day in Utah).

I have had a pretty easy time so far. I haven't been sick with any of the kids and this one is no exception. I do however get hungry (in fact my ordering lunch at 10:30 am is what gave it away to the girls at work) and so I am trying to keep on the healthy side... because I really don't care what they say I WILL NOT prick my finger 3 times a day for another baby - Carson still owes me for that!

I will keep you up to date with what I find out, but for now - #3 is on the way!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

wow that is so exciting! i'm sure emma and carson will love having a new baby around! hopefully you have a wonderful pregnancy. congrats!

michellecluff said...

holy smokes!!! I'm so excited for you! You are the best mom in the world! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!

Shar said...

Congrats Summer! You do make adorable babies if I may say so. Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? I have yet to come down to Orem and see you again... what is my problem? I think maybe I should do that. What days do you work?

Karen said...

Congratulations to you, Summer and Jared! That is wonderful news! We are really happy for you guys. Take care--- and come visit us in Las Vegas soon! :)

The Badger family said...

Congrats on the exciting news!!! Wow you guys are on your way. Keep me posted on all the news. What you are having etc.
Miss ya,
Tracy

Steph said...

I also want to extend my congrats to you! I think it is great, exciting and wonderful. I wish my hubby would give in for a third. I have been begging for 5 years now. :( Not gonna happen.

Love you guys!

Shel said...

yay!! congratulations! this confirms my suspicion :)

The Pratts said...

Glad to help Michelle! :)

Mrs.EBG said...

I agree with Shar, you do make super cute kids and we are all excited for you to have another one! Even more fun that you and Amy are only due like a week apart! Congrats again!

Love,
Auntie Au :)

Jeff and Elise said...

Congrats! We're excited for you! What does Emma think?!

Sherrie said...

So if it's a boy "Edward" and a girl "Bella"? I am TOTALLY positive that Jared would go for it...trust me.

Pratt Family said...

Congrats again Summer & crew. We are sooo excited for you. Hope you are doing well and staying healthy.

Unknown said...

Summer - Congratulations....I just found your blog and read. That is so awesome. We are excited for you guys. Our daughter in Indiana is due July 31st....Congratulations again!!