Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If this wasn't my life - I'd be laughing...

Here is the situation that warrants the title...

I am having a "after-baby-female-issue", so yesterday I called the nurse at my OB's office and she suggested I come in and pee in a cup to take a culture (if this is TMI, then stop reading, it gets worse and my pride is already out the window, so you judging this entry is not going to help). So because I am only peeing in a cup and leaving I drag the kids with me - who wants to get a babysitter for a 1 minute apt, right? WRONG!!!

I tell the nurse what is going on exactly and she says she wants the doctor to take a look, awesome! So first I going into the "family sized" bathroom with all 3 of the children and pee in a cup, mean while Harrison starts to cry (because that is his favorite hobby), Carson starts opening the doors under the sink and trying to get to the trash can (because he thinks that is his private collection of playthings) and Emma is asking me why I am peeing in a cup - the fun has just begun!

They take me into an exam room and tell me it will only be a few minutes wait, which in normal world would be fine, but in my situation 30 seconds wait is too long. So I try to get a handle on my situation... I put Emma on a chair with a book - she is settled, I get Harrison out of his carseat and nurse him - he is quiet, and I hid the trash can and secure all cabinets from Carson - safe. We spend our wait time trying to entertain... singing, playing little games, ANYTHING. So then the doctor walks in. Emma stays in her seat, but Carson has been playing with the doctors rolling chair and isn't about to give it up, thankfully Emma helps him into her chair. All this time I am still nursing right in front of the doctor - because really, what is the point now? We talk for a second and then he has me lay back to take a look at my "girl area" - at this time Carson is highly interested in what he is doing and climbs off his seat to stand right next to the doctor the whole time.

So let's recap - Harrison nursing, Carson checking me out with the doctor and Emma about 2 feet from my head. I seriously felt like a huge joke was being played, like at anytime a camera was going to come out and tell me I was on a TV show or something... really - ANYTIME NOW!!!

This is what has happened to my privacy - they walk into the bathroom during showers and bathroom trips, they watch me nurse and pump and now this... I am pretty sure it could not get any worse.

This is being a Mom - it is good thing there are babysitters (Paige, Cali, Julia, Taylor - any of you, can you come over right now?!!!)

PS: Don't worry no pictures will be posted with this entry.

5 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

Oh gosh, Sum. Now I know why you told me to just read your blog. I'm sorry you are going through all this! Hope you get to feeling better soon! It was good talking to you today!

The Best Family said...

Summer if anyone can relate it is me! I feel stress just reading that story. That is the exact reason I stayed in my house for six months after the twins were born. Do not be afraid to call me if you need a break! I feel for you and I always wished I had more help. 3 little ones is hard!!

Pratt Family said...

Oh Summer!!! What an experience! How are you doing? You sound like you are barling hanging in there. Sure wish I lived closer to come over and help.

Emilie and Branden said...

Omigosh. Why didn't you drop them all at my house? I'm the queen of having kiddos hang out here while mom has to run to the doctor. Or wherever else a mom may need to go...

Tammy said...

I laughed out loud reading this! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the crazy moments!