Sunday, July 27, 2008

Alaska Trip

I am trying to use this blog as a journal for my own record as well as sharing it with everyone else, so on the days I don't have much to say I am going to put in tid-bits from Alaska and eventually I might have it all documented.


While in Wasilla we went to a local tourist spot - The Iditarod Headquarters, where Emma and I took a dog sled ride. It was really amazing because you could really feel the power and excitement of the dogs. Emma thought they were cute and laughed when they barked before starting to run (the get excited and all start to howl and bark - it actually was funny). A few of the dogs they had there actually ran and won in the race in the last year or two. We also got to see some puppies and racing dogs in training. They bring them to the area early so they get used to people. That was Emma's favorite part... later she told everyone that she got to kiss the doggies and ride on the doggies.

1 comment:

Mrs.EBG said...

That's so cool! What a fun trip! I think I would be scared of the dog sled ride, that's good Emma wasn't! I can't believe how big Emma Lu is!