Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Latest Read


I told my dad that I have been getting into reading lately, I thought he would like that because he has always been a great reader. He told me he had a series for me to read and that he would bring it the next time he came. Well when he came he arrived with a suitcase full of books! The series is 14 books, all about 400-500 pages each! Needless to say I put it off as long as I could... no matter how great a book or series is - that is a huge commitment! He started asking if I had began reading yet and I started getting the feeling that I might offend him a little if I didn't give it a try. So I was kind of guilted into it. But NOT to my surprise, I have really liked them so far, I am 300 pages into the third book and I really have been liking them. I was pretty sure I would, that is maybe why I put it off... I knew I would like them, want to read them all the time and have about 7000 pages before I was satisfied - that is a little intimidating! But I figure one at a time and in 2010 I will post that I have finally finished!

If anyone is interested in the books, I highly recommend them. They are written by religious scholars (not LDS) about The Second Coming, along with the Antichrist and the years before Christ comes again. There is a great story line and a lot of action, they also add in scripture and how they interrupt how the events are going to take place. They are so far pretty easy reading and have seem to fly by (of course I still have 11 to go!).

So there you go Dad, good recommendation, even though I will be as old and gray as you are when I finish! :) Thanks for the books! Jared says thank you also... it allows him to keep the remote at night while I am reading. :)

1 comment:

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

I've begun the reading ... and I am HOOKED!