Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alaska or Bust!




Did you all know we are going to Alaska this summer? Jared and I made a few "Family New Year's Resolution" this year and one of them was to take a vacation and enjoy ourselves a little. So we are going to visit Steve and Cammie (Jared's brother and sister-in-law) who live up there with their baby, Logan, who is just a few weeks younger then Carson. I am really excited, I really love to travel. I always get a little jealous when I have to drop someone off at the airport because I want to go somewhere too! We are taking the kids and so I am a little nervous about that, but I am sure they will be okay and have a great time too (of course Carson laughs when he plays with paper, so I guess we don't need to fly him to Alaska to give him a good time).

Yesterday I found this great website ( www.alaskasview.com ) of a booking agent in Alaska that rents out condos and cottages for a few days at a time. It was a great find! So Cammie and Steve looked into it and now instead of staying in a motel for $250/night for one room - we are staying in a 3 bedroom apartment with a view of the water for $215/night. We will also have a kitchen and living room, so we can put the kids down for the night and have a place to hang out. Great find right!?

We are planning fishing, glacier tours, and a visit to the Iditarod Dog Sled Training Center and the Seward Sea Life Center (which I have been told I "CAN NOT MISS"). In the beginning stages of planning this trip we hit a rough patch and I was a little worried, but I glad to say we worked through it and I am really starting to get excited. So look forward to lots of fun pictures!

5 comments:

Shel said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! Be sure to take some dramamine before your fishing expedition. On Paul's trip a couple summers ago, he did not and wound up feeding the fish!

Lindsay said...

I am so jealous. So next year is to Richmond, VA? Right? Your stay would be FREE!

Mrs.EBG said...

When are you guys going to Alaska? Are you still going to San Fran for Mark's wedding?

Christine said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Thanks for giving my hubby your blog address!

Sherrie said...

Hey! Have you had a chance to watch the movies yet? Do you love it?