Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What I am Reading Now...


If anyone has talked to me in the last year they would not believe this next sentence... I am not a reader. Up until last August, I never looked forward to reading anything. If someone was to ask, what was the last book you read, I would have to list all of my dental hygiene textbooks. I always seem to have something else to do. Well when I read Twilight last August of course had to read the whole series. Then I loves those so much I think I read them 6 times just over and over again. After seeking professional help for my Twilight obsession (not really, even though some may think I need it) I told myself I had to read something else before I read them again. I started with The Complete Works of Jane Austen, which I of course loved almost every minute (I wasn't in love with the ending of Mansfield Park - I needed more). From there I have read a few others, including The Host By Stephenie Meyer (Twilight author). Now I am reading North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. It has a little Pride and Prejudice feel to it, with more politics. I am really enjoying it so far, I am about half way through and can't wait to finish because Sherrie has been suggesting this to me to read this forever and I can't wait to discuss!

So there you go... I AM A READER! I just had to find the types of books I really liked. But now I find that I prefer reading to TV (I know that is a funny statement, but now reading is my relaxing time, instead of TV). Jared tells me I am a little compulsive, because when I start to get into a book there are always at least one night where I stay up WAY too late for "just one more chapter." So if you are looking for a good book to read, try North and South. If that doesn't seem like your style call me and I have a ton to suggest!

PS: As I was writing this I realized that this is one of my talents! You know when you hear about talents like singing or dancing... this is one of mine. I don't have a lot that really work in a talent show (and neither would this), but I am not burying it and that means something!

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Yay! Where are you at? I don't want to give anything away in case I got ahead of you somehow, but Margaret is going to a dinner party with her father at the Thornton's. Don't you just love Mr. Thornton?
Talk to you soon-

michellecluff said...

I as well hated reading until Twilight came out. I can't say it's my passion yet, but it's more tolerable than it used to be.

Shel said...

Summer, can I borrow it sometime when you're finished? I'm a reader. As long as it's not a Harlequin, I'll read anything. :)

Sarah said...

hey! we would love you to come visit! i love company. i will be around tomorrow afternoon...after about 3 or so. or on sunday, we get done with church at 2 so we'll be here after that. i'm usually just home all day. let me know when it works for you and we'd love to have you over!