Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Yeah - Today is Father's Day! Emma, Carson and I got Jared a tee time and gift certificate to Thanksgiving Point golf course and also arranged for Jared's Dad, Steve and Eric (his brothers) to get the same thing for their Father's Day gifts. So now on July 1st (when Steve is here from Alaska) Jared and his brothers and Dad will be golfing! I am glad it all worked out, I really love when Jared gets to spend time with his brothers and father. They are all so great. It's kinda funny, when the brothers are all together, they remind me of little boys playing and wrestling (they really do wrestle like kids) and joking with each other. It makes me happy to have such good friends as family. We also made a cute banner that says "We Love You Daddy, Happy Father's Day" and put in out on our garage... it is huge and I think made Jared a little embarrassed, but that made it even more fun!

So before I discuss Jared I want to say I have a wonderful Dad and Dad-in-law. I am really lucky to have two wonderful Dads in my life, who both love me and my children. They are both very different in their own ways, but each of them are such a wonderful support and source of help and example to me. I am truely happy to celebrate them this Father's Day!

Now, I am not a fan of reading or hearing other people gush over their husbands. I kinda think it is great you love your husband, but like love it should be between you and him! (just my opinion - nobody get offended by that, just know I skip over the gushy stuff on your blogs). So I am going to make this brief, but I am not downplaying Father's Day, I just think I will "gush" over him in private with our kids, not for all of you to read - like you care - be honest!

So here we go... Jared is a amazing Dad! I am not saying he's is perfect, he doesn't wake up at night, he is often M.I.A when a poopy diaper stinks up the house (when he reads this, he will say "I go to work - that isn't my fault" BUT STILL!) and thinks they need to "self entertain" more then I agree with - but overall he really rocks! Emma and Carson adore him (as do I)... I can spend all day with them singing songs, reading stories, taking walks, but when he walks in, their faces light up brighter then for anything I do. He is a very patient Dad and husband, he rarely gets mad and is totally a fun person to be around. He isn't the type of husband to "lay down the law" and understands and agrees that when we discuss things - we are just getting the others opinion and sometime deciding together, not asking permission. I love who he is and the kind of father he is. He may not be prefect but he is the PERFECT mix of super cool, super funny and a little dorky and he is the perfect husband for me (ask my parents, they are sure nobody would put up with me like he does) and the perfect Dad to Emma and Carson! I really couldn't be more in love!

Happy Father's Day Jared, Dad and Mike!

No comments: