Thursday, January 21, 2010

Eclipse

Okay I need everyone's input...

Here we go - JUNE 29TH MIDNIGHT SHOW!!!

I have the midnight theater for Eclipse already reserved - but I want to find the best way of doing this. Last time was a little stressful and I would like to minimize the stress for me that night. But some things have changed and so help me out... PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS - I HATE MAKING DECISIONS LIKE THIS ON MY OWN!

The ticket prices have gone up $1.50 and on top of that if I do general seating then it is an extra $1. With the theater rental I have to purchase I "package deal" like popcorn and drink. But if we do everything it starts to add up. I will be doing the raffle before so for no extra charge you could win things like a massage, a teeth whitening, a haircut, jewelry... keep that in mind also.

I do have to worry about how hard it is to sell the first 2 rows and also how annoying it is to take reserved seating requests. I know that doesn't bug any of you... but I am the one who gets stuck with it, so try to be empathetic.

I know the following descriptions make me sound grumpy (for those of you who really know me, you know - that is partially true :) ) But last time was not at all what I thought it would be and I would like to see if I can make it more fun for everyone. So I need to cover all the bases.


So here are some options.

General Seating, popcorn, drink - ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS TO THE HOST ALLOWED - this would mean where you end up is all on you. This would be 16.50 per ticket.

General seating, popcorn and drink - BUT not sell the front 2 rows so everyone is happy and you don't have to worry about getting stuck up front - this could be done for 19.50 per ticket.

Reserved Seating, popcorn and drink - BUT not sell the front 2 rows so everyone is happy and you don't have to worry about getting stuck up front - this could be done for 18.50 per ticket. But no seat requests... You would get a ticket with your seat number and I would put all of your group together (as long as they were purchased together), but I would not take seat requests - you will be in the top portion with your group... no "third row, two seats in please", because doing that for the whole theater gets old quick

Reserved Seating, popcorn and drink with an ASTERISKS***. I would sell the front 2 rows for $10 and the back portion of the theater for $17. You would get a ticket with your seat number and I would put all of your group together (as long as they were purchased together), but I would not take seat requests - you will be in the top portion with your group... no "third row, two seats in please", because doing that for the whole theater gets old quick. This would be nice because you wouldn't have to get there early to worry about your seat.

Reserved Seating, popcorn and a drink - you pick your seat and have your seat number on the ticket. This is going to cost you... I am willing to do the work, but not for free - also I have to calculate if the front 2 rows don't sell. This option is $20 per ticket. I will say if all the tickets do sell then I will put the money into the raffle and/or have a mass refund that night... THIS DECISION I WILL MAKE ON MY OWN. This option will have a rule of no seat requests before I get the money - I will not be holding seats.



Okay tell me what you think... I need some help!

Love you all!

1 comment:

michellecluff said...

i vote reserved seating + treats. if worse comes to worse, i'll even sit on the front row. no big. either way, it's all about the experience, right?