Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sleep Tight

One of my most favorite things to do is to tuck the kids in at night. I love sneaking into both of their rooms and covering them up with blankets, tucking them in and making sure they are comfy and perfect for their night sleep. They are so peaceful and quiet, which is not a usual state in our house.

Emma is always on her side, turned away from the door, most of the time she is hidden under the blankets (she sleeps like her dad), and she breathes deeply - not a snore but a cute deep breath. She is so sweet, sometimes when I go to bed early and I check too early, she will turn to me with her eyes closed, smile and tell me she loves me or good night, it is such a great moment after any long day.

Carson sleeps everywhere in his crib. Sometimes I find him with his head where his feet belong or curled up perpendicular with the crib instead of parallel. He makes me laugh. He usually doesn't have any blankets on him (because of his excessive moving) and so I cover him up, place his tag close by (in case he wakes up and looks for it) and turn down his white noise (I keep it louder when Emma is still awake and then softer through the night). He is such a cute little guy, but I really can see how big he is getting when I see him sleeping in his crib, it isn't this big space around him anymore... he is growing into the space very quickly. I love that little buddy!

I will say I have found it is not easy being pregnant with two little ones who need so much attention still. But I have some really awesome kids, who even after a crazy day of praying for me to keep my patients, still make it easy to be so in love with!

4 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

You should take pics of them sleeping. Those are my favorites of my kids... Natali was actually asleep with a crown on the other night. They grow too fast!
We also all would like to see your baby bump, so feel free to post those pics too! :)

Heidi said...

Those moments are the best. It seems to take us through the next day.

Grandma Tii said...

I agree.....they are soooooooooooo cute.

Pratt Family said...

Totally agree, sleeping quiet kids are so cute!!! It's so fun to see them sleeping. I don't think I would dare take a picture in fear they might wake-up, though a picture would be fun to look at when they get older. What precious moments, thanks for sharing. Hang in there Summer, you are a great mom!