Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update

I am sorry to tell you we are 0 - 3 nights on potty training.

Although if you want to look on the bright side we are 3-3 on her demanding before bed that she is a big girl and she wants big girl panties - not a diaper, 3-3 on waking me up to take care of her, 3-3 on sheet changes, and my accomplishment... 3-3 on me being patient and optimistic - I have decided because she is trying this on her own, I have not pushed it, that I will be positive no matter what the turn out - so she get's a "too bad, but good try" or "it's was an accident, you can try harder tomorrow" - I don't want her to think it is okay, but I do want to encourage her efforts. I did however, talk her into a pull up tonight with a promise that she could wear panties tomorrow night if she didn't go pee pee in her pull up tonight. We'll see.


PS: watch for tomorrow's post, we go in for the sonogram and hopefully will get to find out the sex of the baby!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Hey - I don't know if you have heard of this - but a friend has a great "game plan" for night time potty training. She buys an extra matress pad and then has two pairs of sheets.

So, she has a mattress pad then a fitted sheet, then a mattress pad on top of that with the fitted sheet, flat sheet, comforter. When they have an accident in the middle of the night, you pull off the 1st mattress pad and fitted sheet and wha-la - the bed is ready to go. In her words, "You change the kids, peel off a layer and your back in bed within 5 minutes!"

Just a thought.