Saturday, July 4, 2009

The AF Pool

There are a ton of great things for the kids to do in the summer time. We live in an area where you really could do something almost everyday, today we went to the American Fork Pool. Reva, my good friend and neighbor came along with her twins Andrew and Anthony, two boys that are so fun and we are certain if we still live close will be one of Emma's future boyfriends. hahaha! Sarah, a cute little neighbor girl, that is one of Emma's only girlfriends came with us too. (I am serious, we have SO MANY boys in the neighborhood, but only 2-3 little girls her age!)

The kids had a blast! They were immediately all over, running, splashing and "swimming"! Andrew and Anthony took swim lessons last year, so they were way brave with their "head dunking" while Sarah was the bravest on the blue covered slide - she continued up and down that slide a good part of the day. The BIG red slide was not something we ventured on today - 5 kids, 2 adults (one very pregnant) - maybe next time!

Carson was funny too, he saw the water and was so excited, but then he realized we were going in and clung onto me like a baby monkey - sometimes I think he is trying to climb back inside! After lunch and a little water warm up he was a little more excited, but still glued to my hip - which is fine with me, he is so dang cute! By the end he was having a great time too, even going down the little slide, with help of course. But I was glad, because Jared thought I should leave him home - but I always feel bad, leaving him and taking Emma - just because he is young doesn't mean he can't have fun too - I did take Emma when she was that young... so thanks little buddy for helping me not regret my decision! Also - Thank goodness his cast is water-proof, that makes life so much easier!

It was so relaxing to sit in the pool and visit with Reva. The kids are at a nice age, where they are happy to play on their own, so we stayed close, but were able to visit and relax ourselves. Whoever invented "kiddie pools" and "beach entrances" is a genius!


Thanks for the fun everyone, we will plan another trip really soon!!!

No comments: