Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Swim Lessons

I know this is the second "pool" entry in a row but...

Emma started swim lessons on Monday. She was very excited about it. She did pretty well, but is not interested in putting her head under the water. I am pretty sure it has something to do with her tubes, but either way, after 2 days of her teachers trying nicely, today after class I was swimming with her and just took her under, I don't even think she knew what happened - she just looked at me like "what was that?" I think I am going to try it after or before class everyday... so if she needs therapy because of her fear of water - put it on my tab! :) I really do think this is a great way for her to get more comfortable in the water - she loves going to the pool and I love being outside playing with her in the pool - a great summertime activity!

She is a funny little girl though, here are some pictures of her with her buddies Andy and Tony, who are taking the class with her. (They took classes last year and rock the free world at going under the water). She loves her 2 teachers Missy and Heather and beams when they give her a high 5 after she does something new. So far her favorite thing is to throw the water toys in the water (a game to get them to go under) and watch as it drops. She reaches down and then waits as one of the twins get it for her - so funny! They also play "ring around the rosey" - another example of her not giving in - she DOES NOT fall down. She simply watches everyone else go under like they are fools, I have yet you capture the facial expression when they "fall down" - it is like she is disgusted with them. Funny, but a little scary - already she is so stubborn!

1 comment:

Grandma Tii said...

Hey Emma Lou!!!! What a great swimmer you are. Grandma Tii sure misses you. See you on skype soon. Love you tons & tons!!!