Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He is Here!!!

He is here and he is super cute!!!

I was scheduled to come in at 6:30 this morning, but at 6 when I called to check in (like they told me to) they said they were full and to hold off. They called me back soon after and I was told to come in. We arrived at around 7:15 and was hooked up and ready for business by 7:30. At 8 am they started my IV with antibiotics , because of the strep B test and told me I would need that in my system for 4 hours, but they started the Pitocin along with it so I could progress while the antibiotic was working. The pitocin is NO JOKE! I was have contractions every 3-5 minutes and strong! I got my epidural around 11 ish and took a little nap. They checked me at noon and I was between a 4-5. So the doctor broke my water at 12:30 and guessed I would deliver around 3:30. Within a few minutes my contractions were every 2-3 minutes and the nurse came into to see how everything was progressing. At that point I was at 6mm. After that one of the nurses came in to ask a few questions, I told her I could feel my contractions and they were quite strong - she checked again and said I was already at a 9 - within a matter of 15 minutes! She started getting things ready and told me she had to grab the "cart" and she would be right back, but if I felt any pressure in my lower back to page the nurse because it might be the baby. No more then about 15 seconds after she left I felt a strong pressure in my lower back and told Jared I thought we needed to page her back, he laughed and said "she just shut the door" so I pushed the button, she came back in and I told her, she checked and the baby's head was crowned. Luckily they had already called the doctor and he was walking in, she let him know and he quickly got things ready. As soon as I was in the right position they waited for a good contraction and told me to push, out came his head! Next contraction they had me push again and there he was - seriously it was TOO easy! He is so cute! He has TONS of hair and chubby checks, he reminds me of Emma when she was born. He weighs 8lb, 3 oz (just a ounce shy of what both Emma and Carson weighed when they were born), he is 20 inches long and just so perfect! He is nursing like a champ already and so we think he is surely in the right family because he loves to eat!

We are so grateful he is here and everyone is doing fine! We love you all and will let you know as so as he has a name!

PS if you are on Facebook and are one of Jared's friends there are pictures there - I haven't uploaded any to this computer, but I will as soon as I get home, which should be tomorrow.

9 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm so happy for you guys, Sum! He is super cute and his little chin is what I loved the most! What an awesome blessing you have! Hopefully I can come visit you soon! Just mske sure he knows I'm the favorite auntie! ;)

Sarah said...

yay! i'm glad everything went so well! you make it seem so easy! :) i saw some pictures on facebook and he is so cute! what did you decide to name him?

Pratt Fam said...

congrats!

Christine said...

I'm so glad to hear everything went well and everyone is healthy!

Chris&Amber said...

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see him!

Becky said...

Yeah! So glad all went well.. and fast! Can't wait to see him!

Jill said...

congrats! I am glad everything went well. Call me when sleep deprivation catches up and you can send me Emma and Carson for a week.

Pratt Family said...

Congrats!!! Sure hope everyone is adjusting at home to the new little guy. Hope for a speedy recovery and of course a few extra moments of rest. Good luck and see you all soon.

Shar said...

Congrats!! That sounded like a dream come true delivery. If only delivery was that easy for everyone. I can't wait to see some pictures. No doubt he is just perfect.