Monday, August 11, 2008

San Francisco Here We Come!


Did you all know that we went to San Francisco last weekend? Jared and I took the kids on a quick trip to "The City" to celebrate with my brother and his new wife as they were married! It was a great weekend and a beautiful wedding. Jared has never been so I was way excited for him to see the sites! We spent Friday in San Fran going to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. A nice addition to that day was that we were able to have lunch and hang out with my Aunt Diane, Uncle Tom, and cousins Jenny, Stephanie and her husband Tommy. They live all over now and so it was wonderful to be all together. We also went to the Golden Gate Bridge and saw some crab fishing... it was really cool and surprisingly easy! It made me think I could do it myself! Saturday was the wedding in Sacramento, the ceremony was outside and very hot! While they were saying their vows Emma turns to me and in her not-so-quiet voice says "Mom, my hair is very hot!"... it was so funny! During the reception we actually went swimming in the pool and got to cool off. After the reception we went to Old Sac, which is like an old western town. It was fun, but just a sightseeing and shopping place, so nothing major. The next day we went to Oakland and saw the Temple. I have been there before, but it was still wonderful. The Oakland Temple has a nice thing that you can actually walk up on the top of the Temple (like on the Conference Center in SLC). It was beautiful. After we went to the Visitors Center and saw the displays they had. One was an original Book of Mormon, it was like a chapter book, no verses, kind of different. Then off to the airport and on our way home. The plane trip wasn't long (nothing compared to Alaska) so the kids did great.


I will say that, as much fun as we have been having on our trips we are ready for a break. I want to be home with no plans and in our old routine... it seems like this summer has been swarming with activities - which have been so nice! I am just ready for some "laid-back" time.

1 comment:

Molly said...

You haven't made it to Atlanta yet!!! You can't be done traveling so soon! :)