Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Uglies

So this is the next series I am reading.

The first thing I should tell you is that I sometimes "guilt" myself into reading things... after each of The Twilight series I wanted to talk about them with someone and everyone. Sometimes I even talked people into reading it, in my head, only so I had someone else to discuss it with. So now I have come back to get myself... whenever anyone says something like "as soon as you are done call me, I can't wait to talk to you about it," I know EXACTLY how they feel and sometimes read thing just because I was in their spot and remember their pain. Now don't get me wrong, I have loved most of the books I have read so far, but the original interest wasn't always there. So the girls at work decided that we would do a book club and this would be the first we read because they wanted to discuss it so bad... there you go, my trigger. Also, my good friend Reva also has been pushing me to read it for discussion purposes... I can't say no.

It took me a little to get into it, not as long as I had prepped myself and by the end, I was hoping for the next to be just right at had (which it is not until Monday). I will say that I kind of have "Twilight-itis" I am having a hard time falling in love with another couple, because they aren't Edward and Bella - I know I am ridiculous (I don't need every comment to this is second that), but I really have loved Twilight and the love connection between Edward and Bella, it was so passionate (I didn't say physical- so don't get worked up) that all others seem a little blah. I will say that connection and relationships (love and friendship) in Uglies are more believable and true to our life, as opposed to Vampire life - hahahah (the funny thing is, I KNOW how ridiculous I sound).

Anyway, if you haven't heard of this book, it is the next big thing... read it and let me know what you think. So far I have only read 1/4 in the series, but it is very clean, no cussing (if there was and I missed it, I am sorry), no make out stuff, just thought provoking story line with some true to life characters and a couple that does keep my interest and keeps me wanting to know more, even if they aren't Edward and Bella. Let me know what you think.

***Melissa, if you are reading this, do you have #2 I will trade you for the #1 I borrowed, tomorrow if possible! thanks! ***

3 comments:

Christine said...

Apparently lots of people already know about this. I'm number 50 on the waiting list at the library!

Christine said...

My daughter's Scholastic bookorder has all three books for $12 plus tax. Call me if you want me to order you a set too.

Cami said...

I just ordered the trilogy. I'm excited to start!