Friday, August 29, 2008

Midnight Sun

So apparently the manuscript was illegally distributed in the internet and now the book is on the "back burner"... I am so sad to hear this, especially after reading the part she posted... it is way good and I would love to get more! I hate when a few stupid people ruin things for a group - thanks!

Here is the article I read about it or you can get on stepheniemeyer.com and read her statement and also the portion that she released for the public.



*************************************************************************************

In a note posted to her official website Thursday, author Stephenie Meyer tells her readers she has decided to discontinue "Midnight Sun," her planned retelling of "Twilight" from the teenage vampire Edward's perspective, after an unfinished draft was illegally posted and distributed on the Internet without her knowledge or permission.

If I tried to write "Midnight Sun" now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on "Midnight Sun," and so it is on hold indefinitely.

Meyer had originally made the only first chapter available on her site. Because the project is now virtually killed, she's made the incomplete draft available as well, but cautions that "the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes."

I rather my fans not read this version.... It was only an incomplete draft.... But to end the confusion, I've decided to make the draft available.... I hope this fragment gives you further insight into Edward's head and adds a new dimension to the Twilight story. That's what inspired me to write it in the first place.

This has been a roller-coaster year for Meyer, who just completed a successful concert book series but has also had to answer for some of the backlash directed at "Breaking Dawn," the fourth and final installment of the "Twilight" saga.

4 comments:

Molly said...

OK - I started reading the manuscript she posted - I LOVE EDWARD!!! Truly, don't tell Shawn, I can't get enough of him. I want to e-mail Stephanie Meyer and say, "Hey, can you send me what Edward was doing/thinking in Book 2 during the whole dumb Jacob part!" Needless to say, I can tell you right now, the 250 or so pages she has is not going to be enough to satisfy!!

Molly said...

PS - why did she waste so much again on Jacob in the final book - WE WANT EDWARD!!!!! WE WANT EDWARD!!!!! Ok, enough from me!

Molly said...

It's me again!! I just have to say thanks! I finished the manuscript - FINALLY. You know it's bad when I can hear Ali awake, starting to cry in her crib saying to myself, "One more page, she's ok!" Next thing you know Andie, "Maama, Maama..." I look at her and she points, "Sister." Ok, when you 20 month old has to come tell you that the 4 month old need you, there is a problem!! Good thing no more books are planned for now - I might get report for child neglect!

Molly said...

OK - You need to make a new post, so I don't feel so guilty commenting AGAIN on this one. Oh well, maybe people will think there are a lot of cool things said and then they will open it and see - Oh, it was just Molly 100 times! Sorry

I am really commenting to tell you - TAG - You're it! Look at my blog for details!