Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tagged

So Molly (my sister-in-law) tagged me and since she was so gracious to do it when I tagged her, here we go...

6 Random Things About Myself

1) I sang a solo part at my high school graduation - it was a Gloria Estefan song (I am making myself sound old, I know) and I sang 3-4 lines solo and then the choir joined in. I do love to sing, but have lost my love for being in front of an audience and so I don't really do things like that anymore... maybe someday I will join the ward choir or something.

2) I was able to travel around Scandinavia after I graduated High School. Two consecutive summers after high school, for about 3 months each time, I spent in Scandinavia. Mostly Sweden, but because the countries are so close there, I was able to go to all of the Scandinavian countries and Germany. While there and in between I even learned to speak Swedish and could get around pretty well, but have since lost most of my vocabulary due to lack of practice... sad how that happens.

3) I met my husband in Southern Illinois. I was going to school in a small little town of S. Illinois and he was working as a TV Weatherman. Our bishop introduced us and blah, blah, blah - "we are a happy family."

4) I went to 3 different high schools. We moved around a lot growing up - about once per year on average and so it just happened that my sophomore year I was enrolled in 3 different High School (one of those twice). We ended up returning to the original area (and original High School) where I graduated.

PS - I made the Varsity Tennis Team in all three schools!

5) I love to read! I mean really - I love it. I didn't always like to read, it is only been the last year that I really have had a passion for reading. I started with Twilight (as should everyone!) and went from there. I have read about 20 novels (aprox 450 pages each) in the last year. My relax time is no longer to watch TV after the kids go to sleep, it is to read!

6) My dream car is a minivan. Don't laugh and even if you do, I don't care! Think about it, I am a mom, we have a lot of crap to pack in the car when we go places. I don't want an SUV, they are too big, they are gas wasters, and I don't want to have to hurdle the middle seat to get into the back. Minivans are perfect for what I want. I have lots of room, you can get every extra to make it just perfect, they are okay on gas and they drive like a car. Plus I am up higher, but not in a tank in the air.

Jared and I have agreed that we will get one with our next child... so either we have another quick or we give in and get it early. I think Christmas would be perfect! Right now if anyone comes to visit we have to take separate car to go anywhere because we are maxed out... doesn't it sound like we need a minivan! :)

Tag - Cammie P, Melissa C, Becky M, Lindsey N, Lindsay O, and Teri


The Rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let the person know you tagged them on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when you've posted.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Good Job!

Christine said...

I love my minivan, so I don't think you are crazy. You are right on every point. And once the kids start school you need one for carpooling. We got ours just after having out second child, so start looking!

Sherrie said...

P.S. I happen to know a really good ward choir director.")