Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Football Season

So Football Season is Back! Along with it comes Fantasy Football! Oh yeah and Fall and leaves changing colors and all that other stuff - blah, blah, blah. I am so excited, I actually have made the Fall my favorite season because of Football. I love bundling up and going to the game, I love the crisp in the air and the roar of the crowd (especially when they are singing the BYU Fight song after we score)!

Fantasy Football is something I have been able to do the last couple years. Usually only the boys in Jared's family get to, but because they needed a even number of teams one year I got in and have been able to stay since... that is still not indefinatley - I am still the only girl and I know that I would be the first out if it needed to happen... it is just how it is in his family. Anyway, it is so much fun. If you don't know what Fantasty Football is ask your husband (unless you are Molly - ask one of your brothers instead - hehe). Well with year I was randomly selected to have the #1 pick in the draft (the coveted position) - this gives a little extra tension with some of the boys for some reason, because they think they should get that spot because they are more likely to use it to their advantage then I would, or so they assume. So with #1 pick I choose Tom Brady - The Patriot's QB. Last year he was amazing, never losing the game (until the Super Bowl) and accumulating the most points for that Fantasy Football Team. I was really excited because I really thought I had a great team. Then my luck caught up to me... in the first half of the first game Brady gets tackled and goes down in a weird way - quickly he hobbles off the field and into the locker room - it didn't look good for the game, but we still have all season right? WRONG! He is out with an ACL injury for the whole season! What a freaky pansy! So now my #1 pick is pointless and I have lost my best player... needless to say I am bitter. To rub salt in my wound, my first game in the Fantasy Football League I lost 135 to 85 (or something like that) to my brother-in-law Stan. It was not a good day, but according to my luck - it was just about right.

So here is my thoughts - I need to win - I need to get into the playoff and I need to secure my position my next year... if not I think I may be out when Tyson gets home to make room for him... I need to show my stuff or thats my fate. So wish me luck and if you see Tom Brady on the road someday - let him know I said "thanks" (feel free to add in any mean names as you see fit)!

1 comment:

Molly said...

HA! I love it! Yes, my husband is not OBSESSED or even very interested for that matter with football. Which, to be honest, I am ok with. You will be impressed however, last Saturday after the adult session of our stake conference, he went with "the guys" and watch the BYU game. He said he had a lot of fun. Let's pretend he doesn't participate in fantasy football because he doesn't have time! LOL