Sunday, September 14, 2008

BYU Rocks The House!

The last few days have been crazy at our house. I had Hygiene Annual Session, which is a two day hygiene convention with continuing education classes and vendors. Jared had a busy work week and also had to attend the Hygiene Annual Session as a vendor. With all of our craziness, the poor kids spent most of those days with a babysitter. We were all missing each other.

So Saturday afternoon was the BYU vs. UCLA game and kind of last minute, I called a "Mommy Audible" and decided I wanted to take the kids with us, instead of leaving them with a babysitter again. Usually Jared would have put up more of a fuss, because he would rather us have some fun time and enjoy the game. But because he knew I was really missing them, he went along with it. So I quickly got them ready and they came to the game with us. It was Carson's first BYU game!

We had a great time! The kids were great! I was a little nervous, because by deciding to take them, I also was deciding to forget about Emma's only nap and Carson's afternoon nap. (If you know me as a mom at all you will know that my kids sleep is VERY IMPORTANT to me... I am kind of a "sleep Nazi", so you know this was a big decision for me). I was worried they might get grumpy after a while... they didn't! They both really enjoyed the game and loved visiting with Grandma T and Big Grandpa (who have seats right next to us). Emma especially loved it because The BYU Fight Song played so often, she got to clap and sing almost the whole time. She learned how and when to say "First Down!" and thought that was super. She really gets into the game and yells like her Dad does. She watches how he reacts and responds accordingly, it is really cute!

After BYU killed UCLA 59-0, we left the stadium celebrating all the way to the car. There was a lot of excitement and so needless to say they were both asleep before we left the parking lot (I am not exaggerating) and slept the ride home. But we didn't try to keep them asleep when we got home, so they woke up when we got into the house. That was actually okay, because they both took a bath and then went to bed early - it was a great end to a wonderful day!


PS: If you didn't see this game you misses the stomping of the century - UCLA just couldn't do anything right. They fumbled, dropped passed, missed kicks, it was actually sad - but only for a second, because it was so much fun! BYU couldn't do wrong - we were recovering fumbles and turning them into touchdowns, Max Hall was throwing right to the chest of every receiver - whether they were double or triple covered or not, it was amazing and so much fun to watch! We even blocked a field goal! What a game! If you consider yourself a BYU fan and missed this game, you need to take another look at your "fan status."

4 comments:

Molly said...

Glad you all had fun. Shawn was able to watch the game again with the "boys" - this is 2 in a row! Maybe when we are done with Georgia he will be a sports (well at least BYU football) fan. ha,ha

Sherrie said...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
By the time we got into our seats, it was already 14-0 and we were worried we had missed all of the scoring...yeah, not so much.
It's even better watching the TiVo replay 'cause you know what's coming and you just can't help but giggle a little.

Lindsay said...

Go COUGARS!!!!! Hey Grandma T is a hottie! Wow! I am jealous that you got to go to the game. At least we got to watch this one on Verses.

michellecluff said...

I love that you're such a football fanatic. Sometimes I wish I was just so I could save face and keep up with the conversation...but I'm not. I'll just have to live vicariously through you!
Hooray for sleep nazis! There's one avenue I can definitely relate to!