Saturday, December 6, 2008

E - M - M - A

In the last few months Emma has really been into spelling. First she would spell Emma, of course. Then as she became more comfortable with her letter she started spelling more and more. Stop (because of the stop sign - which she calls "the octagon"), go, mom, dad, Carson, cow, pig... everyday she asks how to spell a new word - it has become her favorite game in the car, while we are driving places... "Mom, how do you spell..." and she doesn't stop - lucky for me she doesn't know any big words that I might misspell! She did ask about Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - but I just laughed and stated singing it and she was satisfied.

The last few days she has wanted to write her name... she hasn't perfected her "A" - but for her first time, I think it is great!

4 comments:

michellecluff said...

what a smart kid! Seriously, I feel like she is worlds ahead of most kids her age. Nice job!!

Lindsay said...

She is so smart. I can just hear her little voice. Eli loves telling me what letters are in words he shes. And he can spell his name, that is all so far. Isn't it crazy how fast they grow and learn?

Molly said...

Good Job Emma! Andie is the same way and LOVES to spell her name. Everytime she colors, she gives you the crayon and says, "A-N-D-I-E" Needless to say, "Andie" is written multiple times over most pages in her coloring books!

Pratt Family said...

Emma you are getting so smart!! Good job with learning how to write your name. Can't wait to see you and Carson at Christmas. Love you all.