Monday, December 8, 2008

Mrs. Perfect

Not only is she super cute with a perfect little not-too-skinny-to-make-you-think-she-isn't-eating-but-skinny-enough-
to-make-YOU-want-to-stop-eating, she also has great taste with her cute little clothes and glasses and overall look... she also has all the perfect talents that I am jealous of, like playing the piano beautifully, interior decorating, crafting (while recycling) with simple things like a tube of Crystal Light. She also has a super cute son who always looks like he is ready for a photo shoot (even when just in a onesie), that goes to sleep at like 6:30 or 7 every night and sleeps until morning. Don't forget her super awesome husband, who is such a "man's man" it is unbelievable, while still being super funny, down to earth and not too macho to still make it so obvious that he is head over heals for his wife. I could go on forever about her amazing house and her cute personality, but I will stop at the reason I was inspired to write this... neighbor gifts!



She and her husband, with their sleeping baby in the car (because perfect children still let you do things, but sleep anywhere) knocked on our door (no they didn't just leave it on the doorstep like I have done the last 3 years - of course!), the other night with this perfectly wrapped neighbor gift (which is nicer then some of the gifts I am giving my own family). It is a HAND MADE recipe board with the yummiest No-way-she-didn't-buy-these...
OH-WAIT-she's-perfect-of-course-they-are-home-made cookies. Don't worry it is also personalized with Pratt at the bottom and the added recipe in the dessert section for the yummy cookies she made for us.

I am thankful this great gift with underlying reminder that I am within steps of a true Mrs. Perfect. But I have one question for Michelle - opps - I mean Mrs. Perfect... What the heck - is there anything you don't excel at!? Also one suggestion - if you have to be perfect, which all perfect people come by naturally, so of course you have to be - it is you. Then think of the overall picture... if you aren't going to do your neighbor gifts half-assed, like the rest of us suckers that just bought something, then could you at least not be so prompt with your giving? Make yours the Grand Finale, not the very first gift you get, that makes you think, "crap - how am I going to compare with this?" Just helping you to see it how us normals are. :)

PS: I hope you know (which of course you do - perfect people also have a great sense of humor and thick skin), that this was all in good fun. I really do think you are perfect, but not in annoying way, just in a way that makes me want to be better. I absolutely love you and am so glad to be your friend! Thanks for the awesome gift and your overall thoughtfulness!

5 comments:

Christine said...

That is so super cute! She probably has all her scrapbooks up to date too, doesn't she!

And thanks for taking a picture of the recipe too. Those are Mark's favorite cookies. He'll be so excited to see I have a recipe for them.

michellecluff said...

you are seriously funny. I was laughing the whole time because if you even knew how much I think of you as mrs perfect, you would realize how incredibly not "normal" you are! I'm just glad we're friends. You are the best!
And yes, there are plenty of things I don't excel at, believe me! And no, my scrapbooks are completely not up to date even in the slightest bit!!

Sherrie said...

Ummmm...I have to go...****hustle to store to find new idea for neighbor gifts***

Kidding. Michelle, those are great!!!

Mrs.EBG said...

That is a totally cute idea! What a great neighbor you have! I hear you're coming for Christmas, the kids are all excited to see you guys.

Molly said...

Next time warn us of language before we read! Ha,ha - those are cute gifts!