Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome Home Uncle Tyson

Jared' s brother Tyson arrived home yesterday from his mission in Chile. He actually left Chile a couple weeks ago and flew to Russia to visit with his parents who are serving as mission presidents over there.

Before he got home - Emma, knowing he went to Russia before coming to Utah, told me how she was excited for Tyson to get home - but really excited for Grandma T to come home too. Thinking Tyson was bringing T with him. I had to explain Grandma T had to stay in Russia, because her mission wasn't over... this was a little sad discovery for her - but after a few minutes was okay. Lucky we have Skype or I am pretty sure Emma would have jumped a plane to Russia as soon as we got to the airport.


He has been home less then 24 hours and has already had In-and-Out and Del Taco, and is already planning for where he will eat next... my kinda of guy!

When he came down the escalator he was wearing a Russia fur hat and we all started laughing immediately - it was perfect. Unfortunately the picture isn't very good - sorry!

That day the kids and I made signs for his arrival - mainly me, but they liked coloring on the back of them. :)

Emma remembered him very well and was so excited to see him, she ran right up to him as soon as he hit the floor and gave him a big hug. Carson, watching what Emma was doing, ran right along with her and hugged him too - which is a rare thing to happen to "strangers". He even gave a few smiles and they are already great buds! Harrison was very excited to introduce himself and was a happy baby - until he got hungry in the car, then he didn't care who Uncle Tyson was. :)

That night Emma made special note in her prayer to welcome him home and say thanks for his safe arrival - then (in her prayer) gave a detailed explanation of how Tyson is home, but Grandma T and Big Grandpa did not come home with him and how they are still in "The Russia" on their mission. Then began to ask for them to come home tomorrow ... this may take a while to explain - how can she understand 2 years more? Funny and cute at the same time.

Welcome Home Tyson, we have looked forward to you getting home for 2 years and we are so excited to have you back!


PS: for all of my local friends - I think my husband has relocated into his parents house for the next week or so... so if you want to play, hang out, go shopping, have late night Twilight watching nights... I am pretty much husbandless until Tyson starts school (at least). :)


5 comments:

Molly said...

What a fun reunion - I loved all the signs - especially "When do you want to babysit me, my siblings and cousins!" haha

Emma - no worries, Grandma T is doing good in Russia. We need to pray for her to like it there.... :)

Mrs.EBG said...

I can't get over how much Tyson and Jared look a like!! I also LOVE how Carson is holding a sign that's bigger than him! Too cute!! Glad he's home safe!

Becky said...

I can't believe he is home! Two years already!!! glad to see he made it home safe. Oh and Emma cannot be in Preschool! It is simply not allowable for her to grow up.

Pratt Family said...

What a fun day!!! Great signs, that's so cool Emma and Carson quickly greeted Elder Ty with hugs. Sure glad he made it home safely. As for Emma's prayers, how sweet of her to pray for Gma T & Big Gpa to come home, one day soon.

Stephanie said...

Summer, I can't seem to find your email address so I got to blog stalking to find you. I have a pampered chef question. That is if you are still doing pampered chef. I have two different stones that have broken. Are they guaranteed by any chance? You can let me know by emailing me or going to my blog and making a comment there. Either way I'll get the message. adairfamilyutah.blogspot.com or dsadair@gmail.com Thanks! Staphanie Oh yeah in case you forgot, I'm Lindsay's cousin