Friday, October 31, 2008

Forward Progress!

Carson's 1st birthday is coming up! If you think he might be walking by now or have a mouth full of teeth ... you are wrong! Both Emma and Carson have taken their sweet time crawling. They are content sitting and playing with the toys around them. Now some might blame me for this, maybe I don't give them enough "belly time" - I don't care what you say... I gave Carson 100 times more "belly time" then Emma and still at 11 months he only scoots. But NO LONGER!!! Wednesday (the 29th) morning I put him on the floor in the living room and went to check my email (less then 10 feet away). I look down and there he was crawling on his hands and knees to come get me! He is really slow and reminds me of one of those lizards that move like a robot, but he is doing it!



It is kinda funny to me how every baby is different. Ali, Carson's cousin who is 4 or 5 months younger then he, has been moving around for at least a month! And Lauren, our neighbor who is a week younger then Car, is walking and running like a mad women! He'll get there, but I will say, my kids sure are convenient, I don't have to go running after them or baby proof for a while after they are born. I'll count my blessings!

On top of that - after chewing on everything until it is dripping wet, countless light fevers, and tons of teething tablets... his first two teeth have broke through!!! This is a big week for our little guy! He has been gumming food for a while, but still gags on things, now at least he will get the change to break it up a little. I haven't been able to get a photo yet, he is very protective of them, but I will as soon as I can and then I will post it for all of you to enjoy!

7 comments:

Molly said...

GOOD JOB CARSON!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so exited for you and you got your teeth too! Yeah!! Ali has been rolling/scooting for almost 2 months and has had her teeth that long too! We will just call it "She's a girl!" We won't mention she is 5 months younger! (ha,ha)

Way to go little buddy!

The Pratts said...

Thanks Molly, nice way to rub it in!

Unknown said...

Yay Carson! I think Carson is going to pass Lauren up in the teeth thing soon. Lauren still only has 2 but they came in 1 at a time and very slow! What are you doing for his birthday?

Sarah said...

yay! that is so exciting! carson is adorable!

Jeff and Elise said...

Awww... he looks so cute!

Shannon said...

Way to go Carson!

michellecluff said...

It's funny that he just decided one day that he wanted to do it and he's already a pro!! He'll be walking before you know it!