Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wives and Daughters

The names may not be as familiar as Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, but I assure you they have just as wonderful a love story - Roger Hamlin and Molly Gibson. I have always loved Old English stories, I, of course, love Jane Austen, I recently read her complete works and I was not disappointed. But only recently have been reading Elizabeth Gaskell. Sherrie, my friend and neighbor gave me a wonderful book that I have posted about before, North and South, where I fell in love with Mr. Thornton - a love that prior to I had only given to Mr. Darcy. Now Roger Hamlin joins the list! Tonight I finished the movie of Wives and Daughters, that Sherrie had lent me... it was so amazing! If you love Jane Austen type novels, I am sure you will love this one! I don't think it has replaced Pride and Prejudice for me, but it certainly has given it a run for the money!

Plus, tell me you wouldn't fall in love with this sensitive, scientist, who speaks with a sexy English accent - I should have paid attention more in biology!

PS to Jared: No worries Jared you are still on the very top of my list (even above Edward), even though you are not a vampire or have a sexy English accent... If you are feeling any jealousy, just know, I would put your bare chested picture on the blog to show off, but I think you would kill me!

No comments: