Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Babies!!!

Both Emma and Carson's birthdays were this week. Carson turned 1 on Sunday and Emma is 3 today! I really can't believe how quick they have grow and how fast they are learning. I absolutely love their crazy energy and funny personalities.Unfortunately we have all been sick this week and so we have been celebrating around feeling yucky! Saturday was their birthday party, we had a Safari themed party and I think it turned out great. Carson only got to enjoy about 15 minutes of it and then he slept the rest of the time... oh well, I wasn't going to keep him up for 15 - 2 to 3 year olds that would have made him crazy. I will post pictures as soon as I can, I actually only took a few, because I was busy hosting, but I know that Grandma T, Big Grandpa and Reva took some, I will get them soon to post.

Today we went with Grandma T to Madagascar 2, it was a really cute movie. Emma is not as much of a "movie buff" as I would hope and spent about 1/4 of the movie asking to be held or to go home and the rest of the time eating popcorn. Carson on the other hand was perfectly content on Grandma T's lap watching the movie and kicking along to the music.

To celebrate their birthdays on the blog, I had some photos emailed to me of them from our photographer and good friend,Emilie.

***Photographer Plug - don't skip this part: We had our family photos done last week and they turned out amazing! If you would like your pictures done and are looking for THE MOST TALENTED photographer in Utah, then you need to click the link to her website, which is on the right column of my blog under "Favorite Websites." She is, in my opinion, totally under priced (not in a bad way, but she doesn't let money control her art and doesn't want it to control others opportunities either), she is very flexible with schedules - even nap times, does amazing work with children and has done my kids in different stages as they have grown. I am so grateful for her and the photos of my kids, it is so fun to look back on them growing up through the work of a true artist.***So I thought I would show you a few of them she did recently and tell you the fun things the kids are doing in their stages.

Emma is totally amazing, in my eyes. She is to a really fun stage of "Big Girl." She loves to sing, dance, read and play. She has made some big steps in the last year... we got rid of her binky, got her in a big girl bed and have made big strides in the potty training process (we still have an occasional accident - so we have some work to do still). She absolutely loves her little brother and has made it her goal to make him laugh as much as possible. She is very helpful with him and is really learning all the responsibilities of being a big sister - even sharing! She is pretty smart in my eyes (of course I am a little bias), she can navigate around the computer, getting to Playhouse Disney and to her itunes playlist on her own - which is so funny to see. She loves to say the prayer and is very detailed in what she prays for... which is anything from The Imagination Movers to the remote control, but Mommy, Daddy, Carson and Uncle Tyson are always mentions. The newest thing she likes to do is snap - even though she has got it down pretty well for the last week or so, her face still lights up when she hear the snap - it is great!Carson is so nice - He is the best second child anyone could ask for! He is very soft and sweet, but can get talkative when he wants to - which we love to hear! He started crawling a few weeks ago and has found his way around everywhere. He has now started to climb a little, getting up on his knees only and stretching up, it is very cute. He loves to watch his sister, it doesn't matter what she is doing, he has his eye on her and if it is even the slightest bit funny, he will giggle. He is a super good eater, he loves to munch on anything especially anything we are eating... no matter what he has and what what we have - he always wants ours! He is getting a wider variety of food as well now, he has 2 teeth on the bottom and 4 on top are starting to push on his gums (but nothing up top has pushed through yet). He is a great sleeper and has been so easy compared to his sister. He is really a nice little sweet heart and I love to cuddle and kiss him! He is my little "mama's boy" and I really love it!
Happy Birthday Kids - hope you both had fun special days!

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

SOSOSOSOSO cute! I love the one of Lou by the tree in her little jacket. Keepers, I think.

Sarah said...

i love those pictures!! they are so adorable! thats so fun both emma and carson have birthdays so close too! what a fun week!

Emilie and Branden said...

I'm so loving you right now. Can't wait for our date tonight.

Grandma Tii said...

I love this post! The pictures are the best!