Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I am especially grateful to a few people...

Emma has not been feeling well the last few days and last night seemed to be the worst. So to help her feel better and so I didn't have to spread any sickness, I stayed home to be with her. Others had a part in her feeling better as well...

Thanks to Jyll for working for me today! Even though she has a little baby of her own that she didn't want to leave, she knew I was desperate and pulled some strings to sub for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Along with Jyll, thanks to all the girls for helping out in my absence and to Dr. Payne for being understanding about me not wanting to work and leave Emma.

Thanks to Target for making the only Tylenol that Emma will take without a fit - in fact she calls it "yummy". Also to Walmart for your very effective Medicated Chest Rub.Last but not least thanks to Jackson, Broder and Sherrie for being so thoughtful and bringing Emma a "Get Well Soon" gift and picture. (Sherrie watches Emma and Carson on the days I work and Jackson and Broder are her sons - Emma's great friends!) When they delivered it the kids stayed in the car but Emma was so excited to see them, wave and blow kisses.

This is a water painting that Jackson did - it is a dinosaur... they both love dinosaurs! Incase you can't see the writing at the bottom says "To Emma - Feel Better! Love (heart) Jackson."
This is some yummy hot chocolate with a picture of "Imagination Mover Rich" on it. The Imagination Movers are Emma's favorite show right now and Rich is one of the characters. I love it, Jackson, you are the cutest guy ever - thank you so much for being such a good friend to Emma!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Feel better soon Emma. We are sorry you are feeling sick! We should have done the webcam today! If I would have known you were home. Maybe tomorrow. Feel better soon!

Unknown said...

So, I tagged Jared on a post.

Here is the link to mine so he knows what to do.

http://brianandjanelle.blogspot.com/

Molly said...

Emma - sorry you have been sick - that is no fun. I hope you have a great birthday! I can't believe you will be 3!!

Pratt Family said...

Emma...it's no fun being sick. Can't wait to see all the fun pictures of your safari birthday party. Hope you are feeling well. We love you.

Jyll said...

I was happy to work for you Summer! Besides I am sure I'll be in the same bind one day. That is one of the joys of being a part-time working mom, right?