Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight!!!

Last night was the midnight release of Twilight the movie! If you don't know what Twilight is, call me immediately and I will send you the books! Also, you probably won't be interested in this next post.Reva, Sherrie, Emilie, Michelle and I left right before 11 pm to head to The Gateway Cinema up in Salt Lake for the showing. We decided to go there because they had assigned seating enough tickets for a good group. The place was packed, we had to hook on to each other to stay together when moving through the crowd, they even had police out front for the crowd, it was great!
I loved the movie and I was disappointed. I think when deciding to see this movie or not, you have to think, if you loved the book, nobody is going to be able to recreate that for you - unfortunately.

When looking at the characters cast on the internet and other places, I thought they did a really bad job, but I really think they fit fairly well in the movie. The best character cast was Charlie and Renee - I think the actors fit the part so well. The worst cast I think was Rosalie - I know it is hard to cast "the most beautiful women in the world", but she was not it, by a long shot in my eyes and it didn't help that bad hair color and make up vexed her through out the movie. Others I wasn't disappointed in were Emmett, Jasper and Alice - they seemed to fit the role fairly well and I ended up liking them. I actually Jasper WAS a little odd, but I think you have to read into his character to see that he is a new vegetarian vampire and is odd... it seemed to fit to me.

I was disappointed in some of the character development or lack of it and also some of the scenes they chose to leave out. Some of my favorites like - when he first spends the night and she wakes up and jumps on the rocking chair with him and they finally say I LOVE YOU! No chair and no I love you. He does spend the night and they do kiss - but it is short lived and it doesn't really show him working up to the kiss or getting better to be closer to her. I felt like they rushed through a lot of key stuff and it was a little disappointing.I did enjoy seeing this version of my favorite book. I have said it before and I will say it again - it can't do it justice. I can't show you what I see in my head, but it is amazing!

I will say I am going to see it again and probably again after that, then when it comes out on DVD I will own it and watch it at my leisure.
The best part of the night was hanging out with my good friends and laughing like teenagers a majority of the night! I had a blast girls, thanks so much for coming!I even had some temporary tattoos that the girls put on (from the New Moon book) , so along with my "It only takes one bite" shirt and my "Twilight Girl" beenie - we were set!

5 comments:

Makenna said...

I am so excited! We are going tomorrow night. And we all have shirts. Annie (sister) said it was so good (she didnt read the books) but all her roomies did and they loved it too. Cant wait!

The Pratts said...

Lindsay - you are such a dork - you know you love the books and will love the movie... plus, aren't you a Harry Potter fan? :) Wait a tick - is this Andy writing? If not, Lindz you have been hanging around Andy too much! Can't wait to see it with you in December!

Christine said...

Your review makes me more excited to see it myself. I'm leaving in an hour to join the group, Wahoo!!!

Andy said...

OK, I'm busted. Now I'm going to have to go take Lindsay to go see it. Right, like I would really do that!

Grandma Tii said...

ha ha ha on Andy's comments! He had me going.