Saturday, October 10, 2009

Beethoven Beat Me!

A few weeks ago I ran a 5k. It was called The Beat Beethoven 5k and the goal was 32 minutes, which is the aprox time of Beethoven's 5th. I made it 36 minutes, I was a little disappointed, but maybe next year. I will say that it was my own fault - I hadn't really been training as hard as I should have, in fact I was only running 2 miles at a time and that 3 miles was probably the first 3 miles I have run in about 2 years! Haha, I suck, but at least I did it and for a mom of 3, including a 6 weeks old (at the time) I can't complain.

I know I look like a super geek in the photo, but there wasn't a beauty contest before hand, so I figured I was safe with what I was wearing. :) Anyway, I went by myself to the race because it started kind of early, the kids met me at the finish line and it was so cute to see Emma and Carson cheering me on (along with Jared of course). One funny "Mom moment" was that I had to head somewhere right after and was on a tight schedule, so about 5 minutes after finishing I was in the car nursing before heading off to the next thing. It was funny simply because life can be going a mile a minute, but when your baby says he's hungry there isn't anything that can stand in his way, not even Beethoven's 5th.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

wow you are amazing running that much after you just had a baby! i could never do that. good job!!