Sunday, October 11, 2009

Couponing

One of the things I have been doing lately is couponing. I know this is a little silly, but since I am a stay at home Mom now I feel like not only am I am Mom but I have a job as to take care of the house and budget, so if I have the time, why not save some money on our grocery bill right? Plus if I gave you a dollar bill, you wouldn't throw it away would you? Well coupons are like cash to the grocery store, so why would I throw it away? I know I made fun of me too before I started doing it... but if anyone is interested and has any questions feel free to ask and maybe I can help you out. It really isn't very hard, just a little intimidating at first.

It is kind of a thing around here, I am sure it might be big other places, but I just caught on to it in the last couple months. I get 5 Sunday papers every week and 1 Thursday paper, I use a heavy duty binder to keep them uber-organized, that way I get multiple of every coupon and can stock up when super deals come up. It is not as hard as I thought it was going to be and I have really started to like it. It is kind of a fun challenge to see what kind of deals I can get. I use www.savvyshopperdeals.com, she is amazing! Her food storage pantry is seriously crazy!


I posted some of my recent deals.

This week I stocked up on pasta - I got Whole Wheat and Smart Taste pasta for .20 a box (regularly 2.39 a box) - all of the pasta in the photo cost me $4 and tax! The other photo came to $34 or 36 (I can't remember), but I had a savings card from picking up a prescription at that grocery store so I only paid $10 out of pocket! I have also stocked up on things like cereal (not just the kids stuff, but stuff we eat, like Cinnamon Life for .40 a box or Special K with strawberries for .50 a box), Pop Tarts 12 count .40 a box, Quaker Granola Bars .40 a box, Tony's Freezer Pizzas for .28 a pizza, big tubs of Quaker instant oatmeal, syrup and the list really could go on. The most important thing is that I am making sure we are eating it, not just storing it. The kids like the variety and I like buying when stuff is on sale and not when I need it.

4 comments:

Christine said...

You know you are addicted when you are so excited you take pictures and post them!

MTMcGee said...

Todd and I have been into coupons since Brynlee was born. It is like a game to us to see how much we can save. We love it when we can get free stuff!!

Cami said...

Yay! Another couponer. Some people make me feel like I'm crazy so it's always nice when someone else joins the ranks.

Tammy said...

I'm so excited that you are into coupons!! I'm part of a couponing group. We actually get free papers everyweek from a friend that works for the paper. So I get 6 copies!! It's awesome!! I feel like such a nerd sometimes because I think it's so exciting to see the prices going down as they scan the coupons. Our stores over here do triple coupons about once a month, so many free things!