Tuesday, October 20, 2009

In and Out is Coming!!!

This post is in response to another I read that said they didn't understand the hype around In-and-Out, giving it an "overrated" feel, here is my response - you may not like it, so read on if you have thick skin, if not - X out, grow some thick skin and log back on. PS: This is not just the testimony of a post baby fat girl, I have loved In-and-Out through thick and thin... literally!

First of all, I think some people who grow up in certain states, have prejudice of other states. Like people from Texas - don't mess with Texas. East Coast v. West Coast. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas - because people in other states don't deserve to know. Well, people from California (which I am) have strong feelings about how rocking California is. But I think when you live in Utah (an amazing state, which I love) and have so many transplants - you get sick of hearing how cool other places are (a little jealous maybe, maybe not) and tend to cold shoulder anything that is associated. I can understand, but please don't give this treatment to In-and-Out, this is a universal thing, we can all love. It is like world peace, except someday we all might get some of In-and-Out... even Utah, because we are now getting 3!!! I am so excited I could scream.

(SIDE NOTE: I personally think it is in response to Chadders (Chadders - you messed with the wrong Burger joint, did you think you were just doing a knock off Burger King - WRONG), so instead of In-and-Out suing, they did the better thing - revenge... strategically placing In-and-Outs in AF, Provo and past the point... bye-bye Chadders.)

But before you wrongfully judge In-and-Out, I have a few things for you to consider on why they are the best all around place to get an AMAZING burger...

They are fresh, not processed, you can watch them make the patties or the fries right from potatoes from the counter, as you wait for you delicious food.

They are family owned, you have to love that, they don't just franchise to any dork who want s to make a quick buck, the owners really care for the business, it isn't just money, it is a family project.

They are religious, which you have to respect, they have John 3:16 on the bottom of the drink cups - I like that.

They respect their employees and aren't cheap with them, they pay well starting and give raises often, with benefits, education incentives, spiffs and promotional incentives, they treat their employees as well as some big companies, if not better.

They are simple - they don't pretend to care about Chicken sandwiches or salads. They do what they love and are great at - MEAT!!!

They make it fun with little inside things for In-and-Out lovers, like off the menu ordering... animal style, triple triples and other little goodies.

Plus, where can you get a better burger, fries and a shake, really? I would love to know - and then tell me how much it was, because In-and-Out is less then most fast food places and is totally not in the "fast food" category.

So next time you hear someone talking about In-and-Out, don't immediately think "overrated", consider all the above points and just think "awesome"!

If anyone needs more convincing let me know, I'll meet you there when they open for a more in depth look! :)

7 comments:

Christine said...

So how do you like your burger? I've eaten there and not been that excited and I'm guessing I'm just ordering the wrong thing.

michellecluff said...

ok, so here's the thing... i totally respect your opinion of the place. i really do. i just don't get it. i'm not going into this ignorantly, i've eaten there a few times because of friends that are totally into it. that's fine, we all have our favorites. it's just such a HUGE deal to so many people (apparently you're among the many) and i just don't get it. maybe i was expecting more because of everyone building it up so big, but i was, and continue to be, unimpressed. i'll still eat there when i'm with the "superfans", but i'm not going to go out of my way and wait in line for hours for a mediocre meal.
but i love you anyway and we can still be friends. :)

Molly said...

I personally think In&Out is disgusting and don't understand why people are so obsessed! But then again - I don't like any "fast food" hamburgers....only grilled at home.

I am a fan of fast foods who pretend to "care" about chicken. Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich is about the only thing I eat, when we ever have to get fast food - which isn't very often.

michellecluff said...

so far you're 0 for 3. i'm just sayin...

The Pratts said...

Michelle,

I am totally okay with you not loving them. Just wanted you to think about it bring fully informed. I have to agree with Molly, NOTHING beats Jared's home grilled burgers. But outside our home, nothing is better then an In-and-Out burger. As for the chicken comment, I am not saying I don't like the chicken sandwiches, I do and I eat them too, when I eat out, which isn't as often as this blog makes it seem. I just don't think they are better then a In and Out burger.

Here is my vote we can all go together when it comes and I will show you the ropes! If you don't like it - that's okay... just know I am and will always be a "SUPERFAN"!!!

Mrs.EBG said...

I do love their cheeseburgers with no onions... and their fries... and their shakes... maybe that's why I needed to have surgery! ;)
Actually, I love their cheeseburgers protein style but sadly, they are harder to eat now.
But super fun you are getting an in-n-out! You should say hi to Kurt {alex's hubs} who is the manager of them!

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

Amen!