Saturday, October 10, 2009

Piano Lessons

I started taking piano lessons recently, just for about 2 months. My super nice girlfriend and neighbor Cindy is teaching me and I have had so much fun so far. I am just starting out, but already I am learning so much and can play simple songs. I really love to play already.

I have always wanted to learn to play and even took lessons for a short while from Jared's mom, who is a phenomenal pianist to day the least. But as more babies came and schedules got busier it was easy to put it off or just go over and visit instead of actually doing a lesson. Not to mention at the time the only piano I had was a small keyboard that she had lent me. But when they left for Russia on their mission our "early inheritance" came - an amazing electric piano. So no reason not to take a advantage of this great gift!

One of my most favorite things about Jared's parents house is there beautiful grand piano in the front room, not only how it looks, but also I love entering their house and hearing Teri playing. I love the way the music makes the house feel. I want my house to feel that way, I want the kids to be at the table doing their homework and me playing in the background - I know it sounds sappy, but I really loved the calming presence of her playing (I miss her music) and I want to do that for my kids.

1 comment:

Mrs.EBG said...

How cool Summer! I totally have always wanted to take piano lessons! Can't wait to hear you play!