Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Super Ghetto


On Saturday Jared went to get a glass of milk and mentioned that he thought it was warm. I dismissed it because sometimes he just likes to complain. Then later that night I went into the freezer and realized things did not look so frozen. After a totally annoying grumbling from both of us, we quickly got as much as we could into our two coolers (PS we need to buy a bigger cooler). We have spent the last few days trying to find a fridge we both like and can afford. Jared called a friend of his who fixes refrigerators and he suggested we tip the fridge over and thoroughly clean and vacuum the underneath of the fridge. We did and turned it on and within an hour noticed a drastic difference in the temperature! So we put a mug in the freezer that is supposed to freeze and be a "chilled mug" and it froze!!! I promise, I clean my fridge, about once a month or so, I take each shelve out and clean it off. I even pull out the fridge sometimes (WAY less often, but still) and wipe behind it. I do not empty it and vacuum the bottom (DOES ANYONE DO THAT?) So moral of this story... every once in a while empty and clean the bottom of your fridge. Second moral - if you have a friend that fixes the thing that is broken in your house, call them the first night - not 3 days of "cooler food" later .

4 comments:

DELYNN said...

Hey Summer! It's Delynn from Dr. Morgan's. I found your blog from Molly's, I hope you don't mind. Your family is adorable! I am so glad Jared is doing Sales now. I bet he likes is so much more! Hope all is well, and it's good to "see" you and your gorgeous fam!

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

I have never heard that you are supposed to do that ... and I have read the Martha Stewart cleaning book cover to cover

Mrs.EBG said...

LoL... I love the cooler food, that's sweet! Glad it was nothing major, though!! PS I've never heard that either...

Sherrie said...

Hey...when you have a second, check out my blog...tag!