Friday, May 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Point Barnyard




We decided this year was a good year for us to get a Thanksgiving Point Membership. Emma is at a great age to enjoy it and it will give us something interesting to do on the days we have a little spar time. We are really excited!

Jared and I took Emma and Carson last weekend, it was a lot of fun! Emma really got a kick out of all the animals. She fell in love with her horse "Opey" and has asked almost everyday since then if we can go back and visit him. She did not, however, enjoy the donkey - he was really loud, but we might have added to that because we wouldn't let her get too close and pet him (like the other animals) because he had a sign near him that said "watch out, I like to bite." Whatever the reason, the next few days she woke up telling me that the donkey was going to get her. We will have to work that out the next time we go.

Also while we were there one of the goats had a baby! We actually watched it (and took video, I don't know why we did, but in the moment it was something I wanted to do). The poor thing was yelling so loud - Jared and I were commenting that one of them must be sick or mad, then we turned the corner and got an eye full! It was very quick and it literally fell out! Within a few minutes the cute little goat was up walking around, it was amazing!

We had a great time and can't wait to go back! For anyone who wants to join us, you are all welcome! We can go to any area of Thanksgiving Point for Free, including the Gardens and Dino Museum - plus any guests we bring are half off! So give us a call and join the fun!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

We can go in July when we come into town. Eli would love it. Emma looks like such a big girl. They are not babies anymore. It makes me sad that they are so big. We miss you too Emma. Can't wait to see you soon.

Molly said...

Emma - You look so big - we haven't seen you for a while, maybe this weekend!! Summer - Aren't you glad we have drugs to help us give birth!

Mrs.EBG said...

I can't believe how big Emma's gotten either! It's crazy, she does look like a big girl! She's so cute!! Glad you guys had a good time!

Pratt Family said...

Annual memberships are the best!!! I was just thinking yesterday how I missed my annual zoo and garden passes in Omaha. I guess an annual pass to Walmart is going to have to due for me this year. Emma you are so cute, we can't wait to see you and your fam in a few weeks. Enjoy your fun trips to Thanksgiving Point.