Friday, May 22, 2009

Murphy's Law Part 2

Two nights ago Jared and I stayed up way too late - the next morning Carson woke up at 5:50am crying so hard (I think the foot was hurting).

Last night I went to bed at around 11 (a little late, but okay for me), Carson and Emma still aren't up and it is almost 8.

BUT GUESS WHAT - I AM UP! You want to know why... my HUSBANDS PHONE ALARM went off in the kitchen at 6:30am, even though he fell asleep down stairs watching TV and doesn't have any meetings to get up for today! He came up stairs just as I had turned it off and said in a mumbled sleepy voice "sorry" (to say sorry for the alarm) as he passes me on his way to our bed - cause he can go right back to sleep with no problem. Me, on the other hand, tried to go back to sleep, because I was still tired, but apparently that is not in my genetic make up!

So there you go -
staying up late earns me early rising child
going to bed at a normal hour earns me no extra sleep because my husband is harassing me with his alarm!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That always happens to us! Jeremiah also can go back to sleep instantly but I can't, its just not fair!

Molly said...

It doesn't surprise me that Jared stayed downstairs asleep on the couch until 6:30am - haha - did he have a blanket covering his head?

Blame it on the baby/pregnancy - I remember I could never fall back asleep when I was woken up! YUCK!