Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thanksgiving Point Barn Yard

I took the kids to The Thanksgiving Point Barn Yard the other day. It has been such nice weather and I was excited to get them outside for a little fresh air. We have been before MANY times, but we haven't been in a while and Carson is a little more aware of what he likes and dislikes now-a-days. He is more of a stand off-ish child then Emma is or ever was. He kept his distance from the animals at first but after watching for a while got the idea of which ones he was willing to get closer to. He did not like the donkey, every time he made a noise Carson would back up and come to me to be picked up. He did like the cows, I think because they didn't do much. He even petted the little calf (even though I didn't et a picture - sorry). We did get him on the horse ride, but he held on to my arm the entire time with a serious death grip, it was kind of funny. He didn't get to close to the goats and sheep, last time one "baaa-ed" really loud in his face and I think the memories quickly came back, because when one would come to the fence he would take steps in the other direction quickly.

Emma on the other hand, can't wait to go from animal to animal, seeing how many she can touch and pet. She absolutely loves the horse ride and sings her cow girl song the entire time she is on. The lady working the ride kept giggling every time Emma circled around. She also loved the goats, she got the baby to come over to her and she stayed by it for a while chatting it up and petting it's nose. She kept telling me that the baby loved her.

They had a great time and I did also. All I can say is Spring - keep it up! I loved being outside and enjoying the time with the kids!

No comments: