Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our little gimpy...

Sunday morning (when Jared was out of town - OF COURSE), Carson started acting really funny. He is generally a very nice baby, especially at church, during Sacrament he either sits on my lap or plays with Emma and her "bookbag". This Sunday, he wouldn't let me put him down, he was whinny and grumpy and just all around not happy. He did take a super long nap, but I chalked it up to grumpy, tired and teething. That afternoon, I noticed he was walking a little funny and really didn't want to walk at all. He was favoring his right foot and when he would stand he would immediately take his weight off that foot. Monday it seemed to be getting better, he was walking more, but still a little whinny and in general kind of tender-hearted all day. Tuesday Jared started noticing his walking and to tell you the truth, that made me think - if he thinks it is something, it must be something (Jared seems to not catch on to the little changes and general things - so when he notices something, frankly it makes me worry! - I do love you honey, but it is true and all of your family who is reading this is totally agreeing with me right now.)

Anyway, Wednesday morning was his 18 month check up and I asked the doctor to check it out. The doctor immediately noted some swelling and asked if he would walk around at all. So Carson walked around for the doctor and showed him his cute limp. The doctor checked things out and said it wasn't broken, but he did have a sprained ankle! (I swear my kids take their vitamins and drink plenty of milk!) We are supposed to watch him for the next week and keep Tylenol in him, for any pain - that the doctor assured me he was in (oh how bad I felt then!). He said to make sure he is walking on it, but to limit the long walking and if he wants to be held, that is a sign it is "acting up" and to hold him or just keep him off of it for a little while.

My poor little baby! He is so dang cute and I have to say he has his "pimp limp" down pat! We are hoping this heals quickly, so keep him in your prayers. I hate having my kids (or any kids) in pain, especially the kind you can't really help.

PS: then today as I was moping the floor, Emma slipped a little on the wet floor and it hit me... I mopped the floor Saturday night and right after I finished mopping Carson walked on it and took a huge spill and I bet you anything that is when in happened. So guess what, I am not mopping anymore - for the sake of my children! :)

4 comments:

Molly said...

LOL - at the PS comment. Maybe I need my kids to slip to give me an excuse. haha

Poor little buddy - I hope all is ok. I was hoping for a limping video. I hope you are well rested for when Andie and Ali come...it's getting close and we are super excited.

Have you thought of drying the floor with a towel on your feet after you mop? That might help.

Unknown said...

You are seriously so funny!

Poor little Carson. It's the worst when kids hurt!

I only have 13 more days until I get my cast off so we'll have to get the kids together to play then.

About the cleaning. It's the same way for me. Luckily, my in laws would always call before though so we had time to shove stuff in closets. They think I am the cleanest person ever. Love it!

Sarah said...

poor carson! a sprained ankle is no fun! but i think you are right...stop mopping all together. it's a good excuse to not mop for your kids safety :)

Grandma Tii said...

lol.......love molly's comment! ha ha ha....hope little buddie is fine...see you soon.