Saturday, May 16, 2009

Retirement Party

Did all of you know Mike and Teri have been called to Russia as Mission Presidents. If not, they have been and leave in about 5-6 weeks - I can't believe it, what am I going to do without my great in-laws around. So because Mike can't work for the Alpine District and live in Russia, he is retiring! He has been in the district for 32 years! I can't believe that - it is a rarity to find such a loyal employee. I mean do you know anyone these days that stays with the same employer their whole career, I don't!

So to honor those that are retiring from the district they had an open house to come congratulate and wish luck to those leaving. There were a few others retiring, but Mike was "The Belle of the Ball" (as I called him), because most of the people came to see him. He is so well liked and known that he has made a real impression on the whole District (even though it often drive the family nuts - because we really can't go ANYWHERE without him running into someone who knows him and want to talk - even students he had 20 years ago recognize him and love to visit). Along with friends and colleagues, his brother John and his wife Shauna came down from Salt Lake and Teri's Uncle Dick and his wife Loye came to the reception. Our family was there also, along with Eric and Liz with David and Abi. It was a nice way to thank him for his hard work and I really was proud of him and all that he has done in his career. What was funny, is that he is proud of us too - many people I didn't even know came up to me and the kids and said how they recognized us from his pictures and how he loved to be a Grandpa... I love hearing that, it makes me love him even more!

We are so proud of you Mike, you are such a great Father-in-law and Grandpa - we are going to miss you both more then you can ever imagine!

I added a few extra pictures in because they were just funny. Carson quickly found the refreshment table and had a great time taking his pick of the yummy treats whenever I turned my back. The other photo is of he and Abi sitting next to each other, it made me laugh because she is so petite and his head looks HUGE next to hers! Isn't she so cute! I wish I had a better picture of her, because she had the cutest outfit on and she is just a little doll, you would all love her too!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Please send them our congratulations and best wishes in Russia! Jeremiah's brother is out that direction on his mission right now in Ukraine. Who's going to babysit for you now?!

The Pratts said...

Haha - I am having my own retirement party as well! My neighbor and great friend Sherrie watches them 1 day a week right now and Teri the other day, so for the couple weeks I work after they leave she will take over.

But July 9th is my last day!!! So I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!