Sunday, May 3, 2009

Emma's Homework

I am trying to start a little more educating for Emma. We have decided to not do a formal preschool this year, so I am going to get creative. Lucky for me my sister-in-laws (and sisters also probably, I just don't live close to them to find out) are very creative with their kids. Jill especially, her girls are super smart and I think she has to stay creative to keep them from getting bored - she is great!

This is one of her ideas - get a work book, whatever you want your kid working on and tear out the pages, place them in sheet protectors and use dry erase markers to work on it. This is a great idea, because those little work books are not cheap and Emma would just scribble through them in no time - this way she can practice as much as she wants and actually get better. Thanks Jill!

Here Emma is working on tracing some letters - she is getting better already - you can see how proud of herself she gets when it turns out how she wants - already kind of a perfectionist - so funny!

PS if anyone has any ideas for home preschool ideas - let me know please, I would love to hear everyone's suggestions!

1 comment:

Pratt Fam said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing.